How many times do you have to brush your teeth a day? When? How? It is essential to educate ourselves from childhood in oral health, our teeth will accompany us throughout life and are a fundamental part in the proper development of the mouth and in food.
Por eso learn to brush your teeth It is one of the habits that we must acquire from an early age. We must learn things like how many times to brush our teeth a day, how to make a correct brushing or what is the best time to do it.
We will answer these questions starting with how many times it is advisable to brush your teeth every day.
- 1 How many times do you have to brush your teeth a day?
- 2 How to make a correct brushing?
- 3 The best time to brush your teeth
- 4 Applications to brush your teeth
- 5 When and how to brush your baby's teeth
- 6 Types of toothbrushes
How many times do you have to brush your teeth a day?
Well, although there are discrepancies, the ideal amount of washes we should do in a day is two or threeIf it is true that if the brushing technique were perfect it would be worth only once, it is better to do it a couple of times a day to ensure proper oral hygiene.
And above all the most important and in which we should pay more attention is that of before going to sleep.
How to make a correct brushing?
La brushing technique of the teeth It is tremendously important, so let's take into account some important guidelines that we should all know and follow:
- Smooth movements starting from the gum down so as not to drag any kind of dirt into it.
- Clean the interdental spaces with floss or dental floss to clean all spaces where remains can accumulate.
- It is important clean the tongue with a soft brush from the bottom out, since a large number of bacteria accumulate on the tongue.
- It doesn't hurt to make a gentle gum massage to activate circulation.
The best time to brush your teeth
It is not advisable to brush your teeth as soon as you have finished digesting food, as it increases the acidity of the pH, which softens the enamel momentarily until the saliva restores it by hardening it again.
So it is better wait at least 20 minutes to brush your teeth and not damage the tooth enamel.
Applications to brush your teeth
Do you know the apps that help you with your dental hygiene? Nowadays there are applications for everything and brushing your teeth is no exception.
That's why we are going to see the Apps that help us maintain our dental hygiene:
- Aquafresh Brush Time An application aimed at the little ones learn and gamify the action of brushing their teeth daily.
- ToothbrushTimer This application shows you step by step, tooth by tooth how and how much you have to brush your teeth interactively.
- Dental Expert In this app you can find answers to the most frequent questions you may have about your dental hygiene. Although in case of having a problem it is always better to go to the dentist.
When and how to brush your baby's teeth
Baby teeth are something very important in our babies because they help them chew to smile and in the proper development of the mouth.
La Babies' oral hygiene It is very important, and it starts from birth, the most common questions are when to start brushing your teeth? and how to do it?
The first thing you should know is that babies start to get their teeth out around 6 months and to be complete over 3 years with its corresponding 20 dental pieces.
When to start brushing a baby's teeth
You must start clean your baby's mouth in the days after his birth. You can start cleaning the gums softly passing a wet gauze or with a wipe suitable for this purpose.
Start brushing your teeth twice a day (morning and night) as soon as the first pieces start to come out.
How to brush a baby's teeth
You can do it with a children's brush and toothpaste, remember do not use more paste than necessary, an amount the size of a pea is sufficient. Brush them very gently remember consult your pediatrician or dentist.
When they are old enough to do it themselves, don't forget supervise and guide them when they are starting to make sure they do it correctly.
Types of toothbrushes
To distinguish between different types of toothbrushes The first thing is to distinguish between the toothbrush type and the hardness of the bristles.
Although among the bristles we can also distinguish between their distribution or form, the main thing is the characteristics of their hardness.
- Hard bristles → They are more rigid and strong recommended for healthy mouths and less sensitive gums.
- Medium bristles → An intermediate hardness for healthy mouths that do not hold too much pressure on the gums.
- Soft bristles → Recommended in case of oral sensitivity or brushing after an intervention or surgery.
Then we can differentiate between types of electric or manual brushes:
There are manual toothbrushes with different functions:
- Children's brushes → To facilitate the brushing of the little ones, they tend to have a smaller size and less fiber lines.
- Periodontal brushes → This brush is used in cases of periodontitis or gingivitis, is composed of a head that only uses two rows of soft bristles separated from each other for better access to interdental spaces.
- Orthodontic brushes → It is used for clean brackets, and is formed by a single central line of shorter bristles.
- Interproximal brushes → It is used for remove tartar between the spaces of the teeth.
- Postsurgical brush → It is used after surgery and consists of soft bristles that favor healing.
To these brushes too different heads can be exchanged with different functions and hardnesses.